Ad Submission Specifications
Purchased an ad on The Sentinel and want to send in an ad design? Ads must meet the following specifications in order to be approved for publication:
- The desired click URL for readers to be directed to must be included when ads are submitted.
- Ads must not be designed to blend in with the site, mimic editorial fonts/colors, or be misleading. If the creative has a white background, it must contain a visible border.
- All ads must mention “Citrus Heights” in at least 10-pt font, to match The Sentinel’s community vibe and local focus. (ie: Business address, “Proudly serving Citrus Heights”, “10% off for Citrus Heights residents”)
- Animation is allowed, but total length is recommended to be under 3 seconds to help ensure full message is seen.
- Flashing in ads is allowed, but flashes/rotations must be no shorter than 1000ms.
- Ads deemed excessively distracting will be rejected, at the Publisher’s discretion. (Avoiding quick flashing or bright red backgrounds is suggested.)
- 72 dpi
- RGB or CMYK
File formats accepted
- Preferred: GIF, JPG (PNG, SWF, HTML5 may also be accepted)
File size limit
- 25k (Most ads. Requests for ad size up to 40k may be accepted in some cases.)
- All ads shall list who is paying for the ad, in a minimum 8-point type at the bottom of the ad. If paid for by a group/committee, include group name and FPPC ID number.
- All ads shall include readable text stating “PAID POLITICAL AD” in lettering that is at least 8-point Times New Roman type in the top portion of the ad.
- To ensure FPPC disclaimer requirements are met, wide banner ads designed at 728×90 should also be tested at 320×40 to ensure readability on smaller mobile screens.
Thanks for reading The Sentinel. You are either trying to access subscribers-only content or you have reached your limit of 4 free articles per 30 days. Click here to sign in or subscribe.